For anyone that does not know me, I want you to know that before anything else in life, I am first and foremost a Christian. My hope and trust for life and for eternity are in the Jesus Christ of the Bible. Faith is at the very core of who I am as a Christian, and its impact is extensively reaching in my life. Here I want to give you a glimpse into some personal lessons that God is teaching me through His Word about the subject of genuine faith in and trusting Him in a greater way.
- Real faith produces action that is clearly connected to accomplishing the purpose of God’s plan.
- Real faith moves me past the reasonable, explainable substance of life and into that which I cannot explain, except for the working of God in my life.
- Real faith in my life benefits both me and those around me.
- Real faith has a strength that far surpasses the capabilities of fear that so often grips my heart.
- Real faith allows me to see beyond my current situation or area of life and on to what lies ahead.
- Real faith brings life into true perspective in light of eternity, helping me to realize the ultimate goal of pleasing God with the life that He has given me.
- Real faith can bring about solutions to problems that seem insurmountable by my human standards.
*Note: These are simple lessons that I am learning in my personal Bible study from Hebrews chapter 11. I’m no expert on this subject. I just wanted to share what God is teaching me with the desire that it will help someone else also.
Photo Cred: unsplash.com @benwhitephotography